Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to Fantasy Island!

Fun fact: Did you know that there were TWO runs of the show Fantasy Island? One that began in 1978, and one that started in 1998. I think I'd prefer the '98 version, because Fyvush Finkel was in that one. If you are not acquainted with that Yiddish superstar, fix that right now. You'll thank me.

Anyways, January sucks. Revolutionary statement, I know. But for some reason, the weather is kicking my ass this year. I used to run around in 15-degree weather wearing dresses and prance around my slightly warmer house in skirts! Now, unless I absolutely must be somewhere, I'm often found wearing this. To be fair, my pants have a chic penguin and igloo print, but I think you get the point. I am encased in fleece, because when I'm not, I get blue toes and fingers, and I can only stagger around the house in a frozen stupor for so long until my (wonderful, insanely patient) mom says "PUT ON SOME CLOTHES. WE ARE NOT TURNING UP THE HEAT." Rats.

With February--or as I like to call it, "the month where you can almost taste spring, right? RIGHT?"--just around the corner, here's what I currently wish I could be wearing all the time. Doesn't that just scream "picnic with a side of boobs"? Which I think we all know is the reason for the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when you include links. Interactive writing. Your writing is hilarious. I wish you had your own column somewhere. You should be blogging for a magazine, you know that, right?

Alyssa said...

You leave the greatest comments, Amy. Thank you.

Marcia said...

am i wonderfully insane or insanely patient? LOVE the ginger dress...only 49 days til spring!

mumsie

Kevin Michael Christy said...

Why to give a shout out to Fyvush Finkel. Awesome-ness.