Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sales: Quit playin' games with my heart

So, you all know my penchant for fantasy shopping during my lunch break, yeah? Well, things got a little too real today. Since it's the week after Christmas, most stores are having ridiculous sales. Since most of the stores I frequent for fun (I really do try not to buy from them) are fancified sweatshops, they're basically giving clothes away. I saw socks for 50 cents at Forever 21. 50 cents! Thank God I got socks for Christmas, otherwise those babies would have been in my bag. One thing I did notice--along with the rest of the observing world, I'm sure--is how crazy my fashion sense gets during said sales. I took some notes about my current wardrobe and styles that I tend toward one day when I was bored, and I noticed that while I've got a dash of sequins here and a print there, I love me some monochromatic colors. In light of this information, I beg you: what would a person like me need with a pair of safari-print (the best way to define something that blends zebras, tigers, and leopards together) harem pants? Answer: I WOULD NEVER NEED THEM IN THE HISTORY OF EVER. I like my crotch to stay where it is (both visually and in real life), and I like my animal prints one at a time. However, they're only $10. My choice is A) See a movie, or B) Buy crazy harem pants. I guess my other choice could be C) Save your pennies, sweet child, you're below the poverty level. While I may always pick C), it's still interesting to me (in a very in-depth, psychological way) to see how much I'm willing to stretch the limits of my style when the price is right.

Let's be honest, I'd even wear Bob Barker if he was only $10.

Don't worry. I didn't buy the harem pants, and won't. Just like I didn't buy a cape. Technically though, since my fantasy wardrobe tends toward huge amounts of fabric, I could probably just buy a parachute for $5 and be happy forever.

No comments: