Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mother superior

Even though I'm not going home for as long as I'd like, I can quite put into words how excited I am to descend on the suburbs of Chicago (all of them?) for the Christmas holiday. OK, well, I technically did just put it into words, but still. Don't sass me.

I was talking with my mom the other day, and I realized that I'm slowly turning into her. Exhibit A: my undying love for the Lands End Canvas line. A little while ago, I imagine Lands End had a meeting that went something like this: "COME ON, GUYS. Bloggers are wearing modest floral dresses, chunky cardigans, and striped boatneck shirts! THESE OUR ARE JAMS. We're missing out because our clothes aren't always tight-fitting and the denim inseams come up to the naval! Let's fix it."

Thus, the Lands End Canvas line was born. Look! Over here! And here! It's all solid. And it's really hard to keep myself from buying it, because it's extremely well-made (and therefore not what I'm used to.) My mom says that she still has Lands End clothes that my dad bought her 20 YEARS AGO.

On a similar note, I'm thrilled if I'm able to wear a Forever 21 dress I bought 20 days ago. Boo-urns!

2 comments:

CorinneAndree' said...

The chic is hurting me! It mainly hurts because I barely spend more than $20 on anything. Seems to be about your style, too. Good thing theres a F21 Japan!

Anonymous said...

Does this make me a nun?? xo