Monday, December 27, 2010

Desire lines

Since I'm still in a bit of a holiday haze, the idea of getting back to a daily grind does not entice me in the least. So, I've decided to take on the best project in the world: getting my boyfriend to buy new clothes.

Technically, it's not the best project in the world. That would be reserved for getting myself to buy tons of new clothes. But I love dressing other people as well, so I'm getting way too excited for this. Here's the deal: I like the way my boyfriend dresses. He's what I would call a "kasual kid" (I watched about 12 episodes of Keeping up with the Kardashians last week. Don't judge), and will literally never be found without a zip-up hooded sweatshirt. None of this is bad. What is bad is that he has enough clothes to last him for a week. And a lot of them are falling apart.

Therefore, Project Make Boyfriend Buy New Clothes (more creative title to come) is set to start today. I'm definitely making an inspiration board for this, which will probably look something like "classic hipster kid meets Paul Newman in his younger days meets Flashdance divided by a J. Crew advertisement." Curious to see how that will translate on a skinny, tall, 20-something guy? Me too! Stay tuned to find out.

2 comments:

Frank said...

I approve of this project. After living with him for a year, I'm convinced that he bought/stole all his clothes from the hobos of Chicago.

Rebecca said...

HAHA! I approve of Frank equating Kurt's wardrobe to the residents of lower Wacker.

I also approve of the fact that by embarking on this project, it proves to me that you are in a totally normal relationship. I think I've tried to buy clothes for all my former boyfriends/current husband.

GOOD LUCK! :)