Monday, July 19, 2010

Rhinestone stretch rings are for (non-committal) lovers.

Or for people who have fingers that swell periodically throughout the day. It's safe to say that I love rings, but more often than not, I FREAK OUT when I'm wearing them. Because for whatever reason, I really, really like knowing that when I put a ring on, I can take it off easily.

What can I say? I despise sparkly commitment.

Anyway, because my finger sizes range from svelte little digits to pork sausages over the course of a 24-hour-period, the ring that was barely hanging on to my middle finger this morning has cemented itself in that exact spot by lunchtime. Cue freak-out, and a frantic desire to butter up my hand and GET IT OFF.

So, when I found this HUGE (and man, it's huge. Like, strangers look around to see where the light it coming from when I wear it on a sunny day and initiate its mega-prism effect) rhinestone ring at Target, I had to buy it for two reasons. 1) At the risk of repeating myself, it's blindingly large, and 2) It's got a stretchy band! That's right. It's a metal stretch band that's keeping that baby on, so unless I gain 50 pounds in two hours, I can whip this thang off whenever I feel like it! Finally, I can return to my "use 'em and lose 'em" accessorizing strategy.

No comments: