Thursday, July 29, 2010

Because nothing says "safety" like a monkey spewing stars.


Yup. That's the helmet that I decided to buy so that my noggin doesn't get crushed while I'm scootin' around town. I had this dream of buying a sleek, beautiful helmet that would look like I wasn't wearing a helmet, until I realized this: helmets are always going to look like helmets.

Yes, some are better than others, but rather than wasting time trying to find the one decent-looking helmet in the world, I should probably just admit that I'm not attempting to look good; I'm just trying to prevent a head trauma. So, that's why I'm soon going to be sporting a teal Paul Frank helmet. And probably sing along to "Safety Dance."

2 comments:

REBECCA said...

I hope you have it in a display case in your apartment like your picture shows....like it's the holy grail of helmets

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see a picture of you in said helmet...xoxo mum