Monday, May 3, 2010

You are so beautiful to me.

Yes you are.

Peacock motifs make me intensely happy. My love for the gaudiest of animals was sparked thanks to a gender & art seminar I took during my last year of college. It was basically the best class in the history of ever, because a bunch of my favorite people were in it, it was taught by a glorious professor, and we got to point out clitorises (clitori?) on paintings after analyzing Katy Perry's music videos.

Somtimes, I miss college.

Also, I learned a bunch of interesting things, like how peacock feathers often symbolize penises. Well, they technically symbolize power, but THE DICK IS EVERYTHING, so those two words are interchangeable. Anyway, because I like being secretly (and nerdily) subversive, I try to wear/procure peacock things whenever I can.

Yup. Some people fight the patriarchy by marching for abortion rights and lobbying Congress for fair wages for women. I pretend I'm subverting it by wearing extravagant accessories that scream PENIS! to art history majors. And somehow, I still manage to sleep at night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this.

was just thinking about G&A today as i was chopping romaine hearts. remember when we were deciding what salad leaf our "salad days" would be? gosh... what an amazing class. we were lucky ducks.

love you.

(i wear alot of peacock. i freaking love it. damn those penises!)