Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cherry Blossom Girl

If you don't live in Chicago or on the East Coast, this post may not mean as much to you. For my fellow winter warriors, I think it's safe to say that we've now entered the "No, seriously. WINTER MUST END NOW" phase of the seemingly endless season. Once March hits, we're only 20 days away from the meterological spring, which means that on March 1, I fully expect to be able to walk around looking like an extra from Beach Blanket Bingo. What can I say? Patience isn't one of my many virtues.

It also doesn't help that there are places in the U.S. right now that have flowers blooming. Legit blossoms that scent the air. What does Chicago have? BARREN TREES. SNOW. AND UGLY COATS. So, if I can't be in a place that smells like freakin' cherry blossoms, I can at least look like a freakin' cherry blossom. By wearing this dress (even if it is out of stock. FANTASY, PEOPLE.) Or this number. Maybe this one?

OK, maybe not the last one. But in case I ever want to look like a luxe condom, I'll have that option.

2 comments:

Frank said...

If you REALLY want to look like a condom, why not this dress?:

http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/files/2010/03/captionthis.jpg

Alyssa said...

It's a little too formal for me, I think.