Monday, February 1, 2010

"It's bedroom vixen meets Goth band bassist."


Normally, I don't have strong feelings for Valentine's Day, be they positive or negative. Last year, I spent eight hours in the library writing my thesis. I think a student worker gave me a piece of pity chocolate (which is the best kind, obviously.) The year before that, I went on a glorious pizza date with one of my lovely lady friends. And because I can only remember two years from the past, I'll stop there.
However, I'm convinced that I haven't cared about Valentine's Day all that much because I never had the right dress to wear. This year, that changes completely.
BEHOLD.
Meaning, KEEP LOOKING AT THAT DRESS ON THE RIGHT.
Is that not the most gorgeous prostitute/pirate wench costume you've ever seen? For the record, I absolutely love pin-up girl culture/the whole burlesque revival. THIS IS NOT INDICATIVE OF THAT. But Forever 21 really, really thinks it is. This lil' number (listed as The Boudoir Babe) is part of their "21 Dresses We Love" promotion on their website.
The title of this post? Yeah. That's how they describe the dress. I'd describe it as "laid-off hooker meets fabric scraps from the clearance bin." But, hey. Even us laid-off hookers gotta get some heart-shaped boxes of candy.
I'm probably going to talk about the tacky lingerie sales tomorrow. Meaning: come for the ugly dresses, stay for the boobs.

1 comment:

CorinneAndree' said...

i know this is a place for fashion. but lets be honest, you remember what you were doing on valentines days past. youd just rather not say since they have to do with mike arnold. no, i will never let it go. and yes, i still think it's amazing.