Sunday, February 28, 2010

House of Vintage, part deux.

I put some French in there to serve as a reminder of how classy my tastes are.

When I started writing this post (approximately 5 seconds ago), I felt like I should do some sort of analysis on why I like sequins and sparkles and gaudiness so much. And then I was all "oh, wait. I'm not in college anymore, and I'm not in grad school yet, so I'm allowed to like things without having to attribute those tastes to penis envy or something like that."

By the way, I like sequins, sparkles, and gaudiness so much because I wish I had a penis. A penis that belongs to a drag queen.

Now that that's settled, this weekend allowed me to procure a gem of a sweater at the ever-wonderful House of Vintage. Kudos to the boyfriend for spotting it and being all "hey, you there. Check this out! Sparkly enough?" Because otherwise, I could have easily passed it over. It's not subtle by any means, but when it's in the same vicinity as a gold cape and a fully sequined vestdress (is there such a thing as non-buyer's remorse? WHY DIDN'T I BUY THOSE THINGS?), a black gem sweater can fall between the cracks.

This brings the sequined sweater count to a modest four. If you don't think that's modest, SHUT YA MOUTH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Kudos to the boyfriend for spotting it and being all "hey, you there. Check this out! Sparkly enough?"

I'll let why I like this go unsaid but assumed :)