Monday, February 21, 2011

Style ruts

In thinking about this post, I referred to my state of being as a style runt rather than a rut. So, candy photos are in order. Sidenote: How great is it that this picture comes from a place called CandyBlog? I like to think that if people aren't reading my blog, they're busy reading about lollipops.

Wearing the same 30 items for 30 days is boring. It's not like I don't have outfits to wear, either. Since I'm quite the Type A-er, I love nothing more than planning out outfits, so I have plenty at my disposal. It's just that I never thought I would lust after a certain t-shirt or a pair of jeans. I do enjoy that my wardrobe is going to seem SO HUGE after this month is up, though. If anything, this challenge has made me think about the other ruts that I'm in. I realized that other day that I haven't listened to a new band in, oh, 6 months? All I listen to is Girl Talk and Diana Ross. I used to be so hip! I think those days are long gone.

However, one thing that I haven't gotten in a rut with is food. Having a part-time job and part-time school really allows for one to cook up a storm. On the docket today was ketchup-fried rice (quiet now, it's wayyy less trashy than it sounds), egg-less cookie dough, and homemade ice cream to mix it in! No, I didn't churn anything or purchase a five-pound bag of rock salt. My friend Corinne posted a link to this blog, and I knew that I had to make ice cream right away. Or seven hours later when I bought a can of sweetened condensed milk and a pint of heavy cream. It's still in the freezing stage, but you best believe that I'll be posting about whether or not I succeeded with it.

No comments: