Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lists, lists, lists

WAY better than bills, bills, bills, am I right? My boyfriend and I were reminiscing about the good ol' days of Destiny's Child yesterday, and it made me want to sing "Survivor" all day. Which may or may not have happened.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Things I'm thankful for: my family (OBVI), my boyfriend, Etsy, my hand mixer, new friends, old friends, trips home, and days spent watching Parks & Recreation in bed. Oh, and gin. Delicious, delicious gin.

Now that we've got that out of the way, it's time to talk about Christmas! So many bloggers put together ah-mazing gift guides, so I'm not going to throw my "buy 'em some books and maybe a scented candle!" guide into the mix. However, I will put this out there: if you can hand-make stuff/have the time to do so, do it! I can't think of anything nicer than presenting someone with baked goods/crafted items, because it says "hey, pal! I thought about you far enough in advance that I didn't have to run to the grocery store at 2 p.m. two days before Christmas to buy you that six-pack of athletic socks you've always wanted." My goal is to hand-make a lot of gifts, and given that my semester is over on Tuesday (HELLS YES), I think it'll be possible to fulfill that goal like the little elf I am.

Then again, my own Christmas wish list goes something like "a book, socks, a chestnut-brown pony", so who am I to say that store-bought gifts aren't awesome?

No comments: