Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Collage Power Hour

Between seeing Amy Sedaris' new book Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People (sidenote: I love her harlequin-patterned dress!) and finding a used book store about 10 blocks from my work that sells stacks of old fashion magazines, I'm hoping that I'm on the verge of becoming one of those people that makes mood boards.

"What's a mood board, Alyssa? Is it like a mood ring, only in board form?" Nay, good reader. Though it would be awesome if I could carry around a colored board that could convey my mood at all times. Back on track: a mood board is what awesome, fashion-y and creative people do when they need to design a clothing line, or figure out what to wear for a certain occasion or season. While I don't have an excess of board-shaped things, I do love any excuse to cut up old magazines and have fashion fantasies that read like:

"Faye Dunaway circa Bonnie and Clyde meets Sally Field in Sybil crossed with Paul Newman in The Sting and a dash of Rodarte Spring '09." BAM. My summer wardrobe.

Hmmm, that actually sounds like a ridiculous fashion fantasy that I must attempt to fulfill. To the used bookstore!

No comments: