Saturday, April 3, 2010

Under pressure

Whenever I get stressed about something, I eventually have a moment where I go "you know what, I'm pretty lucky to be worried about this lame thing rather than something terrible like contracting the ebola virus." Once that moment comes, I usually lighten up for a few seconds--long enough to start humming the intro to Queen's "Under Pressure." Then, my mind wanders to an awesome interview that Vanilla Ice gave back in the day in which he explained that no, "Ice Ice Baby" was not a direct rip-off of "Under Pressure." There's an extra "ding" in "Ice Ice Baby." Bulletproof logic, boy.

That paragraph is a roundabout way of me saying that I'm worried/stressed/freaked about most things happening in my life, but that I'm totally aware that I should buck up and be happy that I have things in my life that are important enough to me to be worried about.

Regularly scheduled posts about shoes, glitter, and crafts will resume shortly.

Until then, look at this picture of photographer/blogger Garance Dore. Women (and men) never look better to me than when they're smiling and doing something they love.

2 comments:

Frank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frank said...

Sorry, I posted the same comment twice...