Tuesday, October 19, 2010

As promised...muffins.

So, since fall finally graced Portland with it's presence around the start of the month, I've decided that baking is going to be my new "thing." Deciding it and making it a reality are two very different things, but muffins have helped take me from "ah! The oven is on fire! No wait, it's just pre-heating" to "what's that delightful smell wafting from my kitchen? Oh yeah. MUFFINS."

I made an unremarkable pumpkin muffin a few weeks ago--note to everyone: unless you've just had three heart attacks, DO NOT substitute applesauce for butter. It makes for terrible texture and taste. And for the record, my mom's told me this approximately 50 times--and I got into the swing of things with a delightful batch of banana chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I think the key here is adding chocolate chips to whatever I'm baking. Also, don't you love how ridiculously ghetto that muffin site looks? Whatever, it's how I roll. I meant to try whoopie pies last weekend, but I decided that sleeping, cleaning, and homework had to take priority. This will be remedied soon.

And now for the fashion tie-in--there's nothing that makes a slouchy cardigan and a pair of leggings look better than a plate of muffins.

Lastly, let's not get too attached to this new blog template I've got here. It makes me feel like I'm writing in a creamsicle. Tweaks to come!

No comments: