Sunday, June 13, 2010

She was wearing denim capris.

The following story has nothing to do with style or sequins, hence why I felt the need to at least have the title reference what this woman (my hero) was wearing.

Aight, so I hostess at a sort of Cajun restaurant. I say "sort of Cajun" because our "Cajun Cheeseburger" is just a burger that someone screams "CAJUN!" at before it's taken to the table.

I was working last night, as I'm known to do on Saturday nights, and this awesome party of 10 kids and their parents walk in. It's a softball team, and the kids are all "yay! We won!", while the parents are all "yay! WE BE WASTED." They sat down and were unentertaining for awhile. And then the mother of all mothers came to see me at my little hostess stand.

"Hi, sweetie!"
"Hi miss. Is there anything I can do for you?" (This is me speaking, by the way. I call everyone miss so that I don't insult a cougar who doesn't think she's a "ma'am" yet).
"Yeahhhh....can I get some of these mardi gras beads?"
"Oh, sure! How many do you want?"
"Um...lemme think. Yeah, I need 6--I got 6 kids. 6 necklaces for my little margaritas!"

She endearingly referred to her children as margaritas and then stumbled back to her table with necklaces for her brood. Parenting role model = found.

1 comment:

Sam | ashore said...

I'm a hostess too and this is effing hilarious. I LOVE your writing voice.