Friday, November 6, 2009

CHANGES

Oh hey, guys. You know how I tend to wax philosophic about how nothing is original, especially style, and that I'm totally OK with that. Like, I even think it's cool that everything has been done?

Well, then I guess this makes me the coolest person ever. I got curious and vain the other day, and so I Googled "La Vie en Vogue." OMG, there are other blogs named that.

My e-face was red with embarassment. I felt like Holden was going to pop out of the pages of Catcher in the Rye and spend 30 minutes calling me phony all while alluding to sexual abuse. I would get the last laugh though, because I would tell him that he was my least favorite character in the history of forever, and he would sulk away. But I would still be left with a derivative blog title. So no one wins.

I immediately ran to the drawing board to try and think of new blog names. Why did I choose "skeleton key," which doesn't really conjure up anything fashion-related? Let's list it out.

1) Because even though I joke about the impact that fashion and style has all the time, I honestly believe that (wait for it) fashion is the key to most everything. Kind of like a skeleton key can unlock any door. Try to keep up with these wicked hardcore (and apparently Boston-accented) connections.

2) I have a fascination with keys and keyholes. Last year, I found an antique-y key on our shelf, and I started wearing it on a long chain. It sort of became my favorite piece of jewelry. My favorite book, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, utilizes keyhole imagery throughout, so BAM. I love keys.

3) Having "skeleton key" as a title will finally draw the Halloween-lovin' audience that I've been DESPERATELY trying to tap into.

So there. I know this shakes all of your foundations to their very core, but I promise. We'll get through this. Oh, and I changed the background because I felt like it.

No comments: